17 November, 2014

10 Things that make me happy...

As the days are getting colder and the nights are getting darker, this time of year most people start to feel quite crappy really. It is official that summer is over and everyone is breaking out the boots and coats. As probably 99% of the population is feeling rubbish at the moment wishing they were back in summer, I am quite the opposite, I love autumn and everything that it brings.
 
This is what spurred me onto writing this blog post, as this time of year makes me very happy, I thought I would share with you 10 things that make me happy.
 
1. Getting into bed and watching YouTube videos, films, Netflix or TV.

2. Doing my make-up. I find it so therapeutic doing my make up and its something that really relaxes me.

3. People watching. I love to sit in a coffee shop and just people watch. Observing people going through their day to day lives is quite fascinating really.

4. Eating food that I like. Needless to say I love food. Everything about it (maybe that's why I am a bit of a larger lady). But eating something that I really enjoy makes me feel good.

5. Early evening walks with my dog. That makes me sound so sad! I love going out on walks on what people call the 'golden hour' when the sun is setting. To me, that's when the whole world seems calm and the countryside look so pretty.

6. Shopping. I am a self - diagnosed shopping addict. I love to shop. I don't think that I can go a whole week without parting with some money. May it be buying clothes, shoes, make-up or handbags, I just love to shop. I have always said that shopping is my sport!

7. Listening to music. Putting on my favourite playlist makes me so happy. Sad songs or upbeat songs, I love them all. At the moment my favourite albums to listen to are Wanted on Voyage by George Ezra (His voice makes me melt), Chapter One by Ella Henderson, and 1989 by Taylor Swift. All three are amazing albums that I listen to over and over again.

8. Sundays. I love them. On Sundays I try not to do anything, stay in my pj's all day. have a long lie-in, maybe go for a walk, not doing anything of importance and just taking time for myself. Bliss.

9. Making people laugh. I know that's something that would make most people happy, but it genuinely is something that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. I like to think of myself as a 'funny girl'. Not much to look at but she has good banter... that sort of girl. And whenever I am able to tell people jokes and make them laugh, it makes me feel like I have made someone's day a little bit better.

10. Guiding. I have been in the Brownie/Girl Guiding movement for 13 years now and I can honestly say it is the best thing ever. I was a brownie from the age of 5 to 10. Then once I turned 10 I moved onto Girl Guiding, which I did till I was 14. I then moved onto Rangers and now I am a Guide leader in training. A whole other blog post is due on guiding (which is on my list of posts to write), but honestly I find nothing makes me happier.

Thank you for reading about what things make me happy. Please comment or tweet me @SGT_23 things that make you happy.

Until next time...

Sophie
 


No comments:

Post a Comment